Few things are as disheartening as discovering scratches on your recently acquired Apple Watch. Many individuals opt to shield their Apple Watches by applying a screen guard or protector immediately after purchase. However, some users, enticed by the Gorilla Glass protection, underestimate the necessity of a screen guard, only to find their Apple Watches scratched later on.
If you happen to be among those users with scratched Apple Watches, fret not. This guide will walk you through effectively removing scratches from your Apple watch.
Table of Contents
How to Remove Scratches From Apple Watch
Before we delve into this guide, it’s important to acknowledge that anything is possible in this world, including the removal of scratches from an Apple Watch. However, the primary challenge users encounter is the need for patience. Due to the durable sapphire glass used in Apple Watches, the process of scratch removal takes time. If you’re prepared to invest the effort and time into eliminating scratches, then proceed to read this guide.
Method 1: Apply the Screen Protector
If your Apple Watch has incurred minor scratches and you’re short on time for elaborate solutions, your optimal choice is to apply a screen protector.
Immediate application of a screen protector serves two purposes: it prevents further scratching and conceals existing scratches by providing a protective layer over the glass. Additionally, if the protector sustains scratches, replacing it is a cost-effective option.
For those with more time and a desire to address scratches on the Apple Watch glass, the following method is recommended.
Method 2: Scratch Removal Using Toothpaste
Toothpaste doubles as a rubbing compound and an effective scratch remover. If the scratches on your Apple Watch are superficial, you can employ this method. Gather the necessary materials: toothpaste, isopropyl alcohol, and water.
Initiate the process by spraying isopropyl alcohol to eliminate dust and debris from the screen, ensuring the scratches are free of any particles.
Apply a small amount of toothpaste, take a microfiber cloth, and gently rub the surface. After one minute, add a drop of water. Repeat this cycle for 5 minutes. Following that, use isopropyl alcohol to clean the surface and assess whether the scratch has disappeared. Once the scratch is gone, apply a screen protector to safeguard against potential future scratches. For deeper scratches, refer to the next method.
Method 3: Remove Scratches Using a Rubbing Compound
In certain instances, scratches on the Apple Watch can be deep and challenging to address. While such scratches are commonly associated with older watches, newer models may also incur damage when they come into contact with sturdy or pointed objects.
Although the removal of these stubborn scratches poses a challenge, a straightforward process exists. It is crucial to exercise caution during this procedure to prevent potential damage to the screen. Follow these steps to eliminate persistent scratches:
- Acquire an Epoxy Rubbing Compound and a lengthy microfiber cloth, available at most car care stores.
- Spray a few drops of isopropyl alcohol on the glass and gently rub it with a microfiber cloth for 1 minute.
- Subsequently, begin rubbing the epoxy compound using a new section of the microfiber cloth. Ensure that excessive pressure is not applied to avoid further scratching of the glass.
- After every minute of rubbing, add a few drops of alcohol and continue rubbing until the scratches visibly diminish.
- Confirm that all scratches have disappeared. Apply a screen protector to prevent future scratches on your Apple Watch.
Method 3 introduces a new solution called Glaz Liquid 2.0
Claiming to remove scratches from all Apple products, including the Apple Watch. This liquid not only eliminates scratches but also forms a protective layer. Follow these steps to use Glaz Liquid 2.0:
- Purchase Glaz Liquid 2.0 from an online store.
- Dampen a cloth with isopropyl alcohol and gently wipe your watch to ensure it is free of dust.
- Apply the liquid to the cloth provided and begin wiping the watch.
- Wipe for 30 seconds and leave the watch untouched for 2 hours.
- If the substance becomes sticky, wash it off. Once hardened, observe your Apple Watch to see that scratches are removed.
This guide outlines various methods for Apple Watch scratch repair. For watches with less severe scratches, using a screen protector is recommended. As time passes, new Apple Watch models will be introduced, prompting a desire for an upgrade as your current watch ages. Understanding how to address scratches ensures the longevity of your device. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below.