Are you seeking a solution on how to unblock websites on your School Chromebook? Chromebooks serve as excellent alternatives to Windows laptops, particularly for students due to their affordability and capability within their price range. While Chromebooks can perform tasks similar to Windows laptops, school-provided Chromebooks often come with certain restrictions.
These restrictions may include the blocking of specific websites on your Chromebook, limiting your access. Fortunately, there is a way to unblock websites on a School Chromebook, and this article aims to guide you through the process. Here, we will discuss the steps on how to effectively unblock websites on your School Chromebook.
Table of Contents
Methods to Unblock Websites on School Chromebook
Administrators often block websites on School Chromebooks, restricting access to certain sites. However, there are ways to unblock websites on a School Chromebook, and the following methods will guide you through the process.
Method 1: Using College Board Application
- Click on the time at the bottom right corner of the screen and select “Sign out.”
- Navigate to the bottom left corner of the screen and click on “Apps.”
- Open the College Board app.
- Click on “Forget Username” on the subsequent screen.
- Access the YouTube icon at the bottom of the page.
- Click on “Sign in” on the YouTube website.
- Next, click on “Terms” at the end of the screen.
- Click on the 9 dots and then select “Search.”
- The Google search engine will open in a new window, allowing you to browse the desired website even if it’s blocked on the Chromebook.
Method 2: Using rollApp
- Open the rollApp website on your Chromebook by clicking this link.
- Click on “Create Account” to register. Enter your name, email, and password, then click “Sign up.”
These methods provide effective ways to unblock websites on School Chromebooks, allowing you to access desired content despite the imposed restrictions.
Signing into Your Account:
After creating your account, proceed to sign in.
In the menu, locate and click on the “Apps” option.
Scroll down the page and select “Brackets.”
In the new window that appears, click on the Thunder icon situated at the top right corner of the screen. This action will open an older version of Chromium, enabling you to browse any desired website.
Another method to unblock websites on a school Chromebook involves using Lambdatest. Follow the steps outlined below:
- Click on this link to visit the Lambdatest website. You’ll be directed to the login screen, where you can create a new account or sign in with Google.
- Upon logging in, you’ll access the dashboard.
- Navigate to the “Real Time Testing” tab on the left sidebar.
- Enter the URL of the desired website in the provided space and click on “Start.” This action will successfully unblock the website on the Chromebook, allowing access.
VPN and Proxy Usage:
Explore the use of VPN and proxy services to unblock websites on your school Chromebook.
Using VPN and Proxy on School Chromebook to Unblock Websites:
If certain websites are blocked by the administrator on your School Chromebook, you can employ VPN and proxy solutions to access them. Follow these steps:
- Download a proxy or VPN extension on Chrome. Recommended options include Hotspot Shield VPN Free Proxy or Tunnel Bear.
- After installation, connect to the VPN or proxy.
- You should now be able to access the blocked site on your School Chromebook.
VPN and proxy services can help bypass restrictions, allowing access to geo-restricted content and websites restricted for privacy reasons. These tools enable you to overcome browser restrictions imposed by your school on the Chromebook.
That concludes the guide on unblocking websites on a School Chromebook. School-administered Chromebooks have certain website restrictions in place to limit usage to educational purposes. If you encounter blocked websites on your school Chromebook, follow the steps outlined in this article to successfully unblock them.
- How Do You Unblock A Website On A School Device?
- You can unblock websites on a school device using various methods, including proxies, VPNs, or a Tor browser.
- Why Are There Restrictions On School Chromebook?
- Restrictions, set by the administrator (in this case, the school), are in place to prevent unauthorized activities. These restrictions cover content, websites, and downloaded apps.
- What Are Chromebooks?
- Chromebooks are alternatives to Windows laptops running Chrome OS. Designed for web app usage, Chrome OS is lighter than Windows and can be installed on low-end laptops referred to as Chromebooks.