The LG Content Store serves as the dedicated marketplace for LG Smart TVs, akin to how the Google Play Store functions for smartphones. It allows users to access and install applications such as Disney Plus, Netflix, and Amazon Prime Video directly on their LG Smart TVs. Despite the extensive content available on the LG Content Store, there have been reports of issues with the functionality of the LG TV App Store on some TVs. This guide is intended for individuals experiencing such problems specifically on their LG smartphones.
Table of Contents
Resolve Issues with LG TV App
Store In this guide, we will explore various steps to address and restore the functionality of the LG Content Store.
Verify Internet Connection
The primary factor leading to issues with the LG Content Store is often a slow internet connection. Begin by checking the speed of your internet connection. If it’s found to be unreliable, consider moving the router closer to your TV.
Should proximity adjustments not resolve the issue, try rebooting your router. If the problem persists and is not attributed to a slow internet connection, proceed to explore additional troubleshooting steps outlined in this article.
Reboot Your TV
If you’re encountering issues possibly caused by bugs or technical glitches, a simple restart may resolve them. Follow these steps:
- Turn off your LG Smart TV.
- Once powered off, unplug the TV from the power outlet, and press and hold the power button for a few seconds.
- Allow the TV to remain powered off for a few minutes.
- Reconnect the plug to the power outlet, then turn on the TV.
- Once the TV is back on, you should be able to access the LG Content Store and install apps.
Manually Set DNS
Another troubleshooting step involves manually setting the DNS. Follow these instructions:
- Navigate to the Settings on the LG Content Store screen.
- In the Network menu within the Settings of LG Content Store, locate the Advanced and Network option.
- Click the Edit button associated with the Advanced and Network option.
- Uncheck the option that says “Set Automatically” in the opened window. Move to the DNS section.
- Replace the DNS with ‘188.8.131.52’ and confirm the changes.
By manually configuring the DNS, you can potentially resolve issues with the LG Content Store.
Update LG TV Firmware
Update TV Firmware If you’re encountering issues, an outdated TV firmware might be the cause. Try updating your TV and troubleshooting the problem with the LG Content Store. Follow these steps to update your TV’s firmware:
- Press the Settings button on your TV’s remote.
- In the Settings app, navigate to the General section. If the General section is not visible, you can find it in the All Settings section.
- Within the General section, scroll down to the “About This TV” option and select it.
- Here, you’ll find information about the latest update. Select the “Download and Install” button to download the update and install it on your TV.
This process will update the TV’s firmware and likely resolve the issue you’ve been experiencing.
Reset TV Settings
If issues persist with your LG Smart TV’s LG Content Store, consider resetting it to factory defaults. Follow these steps to initiate the reset:
- Press the Settings button on your TV remote.
- In the Settings menu, choose the General section. If the General section is not visible, navigate to the All Settings section, where you’ll find this option.
- Within the General section, select “Reset to Initial Settings.” When prompted to confirm the reset, proceed to confirm your decision.
By following these steps, you can reset your TV, and this action should likely resolve the issue you have been encountering.
Contact LG TV Support
If none of the aforementioned steps prove successful in resolving the issue with the non-functional LG Content Store, consider reaching out to LG TV support. The dedicated support team will arrange a visit and provide assistance to address your specific problem.
What to Do If LG Content Store Is Missing From LG Smart TV?
If the LG Content Store is missing on your LG Smart TV, it might be due to an incorrectly set location. Resolve this issue by following these steps:
- Press the Settings button on your LG TV remote and select the General option.
- In the General section, navigate to Location.
- Manually enter your location and then restart your TV.
Why Can’t I Download Apps on My LG TV?
Inability to download apps on your LG TV may be linked to issues with the LG Content Store. By following the steps outlined above, you can address these issues and successfully download apps from the LG Content Store.
If your LG Content Store isn’t functioning on your LG Smart TV, follow the steps provided in this article to rectify the problem. Various reasons may contribute to this issue, but the outlined steps should help you resolve it. Feel free to share this information on social media with your friends.