FIFA 23 has recently been released and garnered considerable attention worldwide, especially since it marks EA’s final installment in the FIFA series. This anticipation led millions of users to pre-register for the game. However, following a new patch update, players are encountering frustrating errors, specifically the “FIFA secure boot is not enabled” message, preventing them from enjoying their favorite game.
In light of this issue, our investigation has uncovered potential fixes that could address this error. If you’re currently facing the FIFA 23 secure boot is not enabled error, stay with us until the end as we explore and provide solutions to resolve this issue. Let’s delve into the fixes.
Table of Contents
How to Fix FIFA 23 Secure Boot is Not Enabled
Resolving the FIFA 23 secure boot is not enabled error is a straightforward task. You can easily address this issue by implementing the fixes outlined below. Without further delay, let’s explore the necessary steps you need to take:
Restart Your Device
In addressing any technical issues, a simple device reboot can often be the appropriate solution. Random bugs or files might be causing problems like the FIFA 23 secure boot not enabled issue. Rebooting your device has the potential to eliminate these bug files.
Run as Administrator
The FIFA 23 secure boot feature may encounter difficulties if the video game is not run with administrator privileges. To troubleshoot, it is advisable to run the game’s executable (exe) file as an administrator on your Windows computer. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Right-click on the FIFA 23 exe shortcut file on your PC.
- Select Properties and navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- Check the “Run this program as an administrator” checkbox.
- To save your changes, click OK and then apply.
Verify Game File Integrity
Ensuring the integrity of your game files by using the game launcher can prove invaluable when dealing with corrupted or missing game files. Follow these steps:
For Steam Users:
- Launch Steam and go to the Library section.
- Right-click on FIFA 23 from the list of installed games.
- Choose Properties, then navigate to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Launch the Origin client on your PC.
- Navigate to My Game Library and select FIFA 23.
- Click on the Settings (Gear icon) and choose Repair.
Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher and click on Library.
- Next to FIFA 23, click the three-dot icon.
- Click Verify, wait for the process to complete, and restart the launcher.
As a result, this should resolve the issue of FIFA 23 secure boot not being enabled.
Update FIFA 23:
Ensure your game is up-to-date by checking for updates through your respective game client. Outdated game versions can lead to launch interference. Follow these steps:
For Steam Users:
- Go to Steam’s Library.
- Click on FIFA 23 from the left pane.
- Steam will automatically check for available updates.
- Click Update if one is available to install.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open Epic Games Launcher and go to Library.
- Click the three-dot icon next to FIFA 23.
- Enable Auto Update if not already enabled to receive notifications of available updates.
For Origin Users:
- Launch the Origin client on your computer.
- Go to Library, right-click FIFA 23.
- Click on Check for Updates and proceed if available.
Address the security violation error by uninstalling and reinstalling the anti-cheat program. Follow these steps:
- Navigate to Steamlibrary > steamapps > common > FIFA 23 > _Installer > EAAntiCheat.
- Find the EA Anti-Cheat Installer application file and click on it.
- In the new window, select the (Installed) FIFA 23 option from the drop-down menu.
- Click Uninstall and, upon seeing ‘Uninstall success,’ click Install to reinstall.
- Close the window, and check if this resolves the issue by relaunching FIFA 23.
Update GPU Drivers:
Check for and update outdated graphics drivers to avoid the security violation error:
- Press Win+X to access the Quick Link Menu.
- Click on Device Manager and double-click Display adapters.
- Right-click the dedicated graphics card.
- Select Update driver > Search drivers automatically to find and install updates.
Automatic updates will be downloaded and installed by the system if any are available. Following this step, restart your computer.
Install Pending Windows Updates:
To address potential conflicts with the game caused by Windows bugs or system file issues, or incompatibility due to outdated software, ensure your Windows operating system is up-to-date by installing pending updates. Here’s how:
- Press the Win+I keys to access Windows Settings.
- Click on Windows Update.
- Select Check for updates to install all pending updates one by one.
Choose “Download and install” if a feature update is available, and then wait for the update to complete. Finally, reboot your computer to apply the changes immediately.
Enable Secure Boot:
To comply with EA’s requirement for Windows 11, secure boot must be enabled. Follow these steps:
- Press the Windows logo key on your keyboard and type “System Information.”
- Check the status of secure boot in the System Summary section. If it’s off, proceed to the next steps.
- Start your system and access the BIOS; typically, you can do this by pressing F2 or Del, depending on your motherboard’s brand.
- Locate Secure Boot on the Boot tab and turn it on.
- Select “Save changes and exit” under the Exit tab.
- Test if this resolves the issue by launching the game.
Reinstall The Game:
If the problem persists, consider reinstalling FIFA 23:
- Search for Control Panel in the Start menu.
- Navigate to Control Panel > Uninstall a Program.
- Right-click on FIFA 23 and select Uninstall.
- Confirm the uninstallation if prompted.
- After completion, wait a few seconds and reboot your PC to apply changes.
- Reinstall FIFA 23 through the game launcher you use (Steam, Origin, or Epic Games Launcher).
This concludes the steps to address the FIFA 23 secure boot not enabled error. We hope this guide proves helpful. If you have any doubts or queries, please feel free to comment below.