The PS4 is equipped with a DualShock 4 wireless controller that wirelessly connects to the console, providing an immersive gaming experience. However, users may face issues with the controller, such as the PS4 controller flashing a white light, impacting the overall gaming experience. Additionally, some users may encounter problems with the PS4 controller not connecting to the PS4.
This white light issue on the PS4 controller can result from various factors, including a misconfigured controller, system-related problems, or glitches with the controller itself. If you are experiencing this error, you’ve come to the right place.
Table of Contents
Fix PS4 Controller Blinking White Problem
In this discussion, we will explore solutions to address the PS4 controller flashing white issue.
Reboot the PS4:
Initiate the troubleshooting process by restarting your PS4. Often, this issue is attributed to glitches or temporary bugs in the system. In such cases, a simple restart can resolve the problem. By rebooting the PS4, the system is refreshed, and any corrupt temporary data causing the PS4 Controller Blinking white issue is likely to be cleared.
Attempt Connection Using a Micro USB Cable:
If the problem persists, try connecting your controller to the PS4 using a Micro USB cable. This step can help in establishing a stable connection and resolving any wireless communication issues causing the blinking white light problem.
Connecting the PS4 Controller with a Micro USB Cable:
If you encounter issues with your wireless PS4 controller, attempting a wired connection using a Micro USB cable may help resolve the problem. Follow these steps to connect your PS4 controller to the console with a Micro USB cable:
- Turn off your console.
- Once all lights on the console are off, unplug the power cable.
- Completely drain the power from the PS4 by pressing the power button for 30 seconds.
- Connect your controller to the PS4 using a Micro USB cable.
- Turn on the PS4 console.
After turning on the console, check if the PS4 controller flashing white issue persists. If the problem persists, proceed to the next troubleshooting method.
Resetting Your Controller:
If the previous method does not resolve the issue, consider resetting your PS4 controller. This action refreshes the controller and may eliminate the flashing white light problem. Follow these steps to reset your PS4 controller:
- Ensure your controller is turned on, and the flashing white light is still present.
- Locate the reset button at the back of your controller near the top right screw, close to the L2 button.
- Using a small pin or a SIM ejector tool, press the reset button for 3 seconds.
After resetting the controller, check if the issue persists. This should help refresh the PS4 controller and potentially resolve the flashing white light problem.
After resetting the PS4 controller, follow these steps to resolve the flashing white light issue:
- Turn off your console.
- Turn on your console and reconnect the controller to the PS4.
- This should resolve the issue, and you should no longer see the PS4 controller flashing white. If the problem persists, proceed to the next troubleshooting method.
Using a Different Controller:
If the issue persists, try using a different controller. If another controller functions correctly with your PS4, it indicates a potential fault with the original controller. However, if the alternative controller also encounters issues, you may need to boot your PS4 in safe mode for further troubleshooting.
While in safe mode, follow these steps to address the PS4 controller flashing white light issue:
- Navigate to the option called “Rebuild Database” and select it. The console will initiate a scan of the drive.
- During this process, a new database of the content will be created. Be patient and wait for the completion of the scanning process.
- Note that this procedure may result in the deletion of all data and configurations on your PS4.
- Once the process is finished, the problem of the PS4 controller flashing white should be resolved.
These troubleshooting steps should help in resolving the PS4 controller blinking white light issue.
Booting Your PS4 in Safe Mode:
If the previous methods did not resolve the issue, you can attempt booting your PS4 in safe mode for more advanced troubleshooting. Before proceeding, ensure you have backed up all data on your PS4. Follow these steps:
- Turn off your PS4.
- When the PS4 is off, press and hold the power button until you hear two beeps. Do not release the power button until the second beep, which occurs after 7 seconds of holding down the power button.
- Connect the PS4 controller with the USB cable and press the PlayStation button on the controller. This will successfully boot your PS4 into Safe Mode.
Once in Safe Mode, you can troubleshoot the problem and attempt to fix it.