The Windows 11 media creation tool enables users to upgrade their current Windows version to Windows 11. It also allows the creation of a bootable drive, facilitating the installation of Windows 11 on other devices. The Windows media creation tool is widely recognized as one of the most popular methods for upgrading Windows or installing a fresh Windows version.
If you intend to upgrade your system to Windows 11, the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool provides a straightforward solution. The tool is user-friendly, and by following the correct guide, you can easily upgrade to Windows 11. If you are unfamiliar with using the tool, you’ve come to the right place. This article will guide you on how to use the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool.
Table of Contents
What You Will Require?
Before we proceed with the guide on using the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool, let’s discuss a few essential requirements for the process. To continue with the Windows upgrade using the media creation tool, there are specific items you’ll need:
- Make sure you have a computer on which to install Windows.
- Take a backup of your data before proceeding. Having a backup ensures that you can easily restore your data in case of any loss during the process.
- Ensure you have a stable internet connection. A reliable and high-speed internet connection is necessary to download Windows and complete the upgrade or create a bootable USB drive.
- Have a USB drive with a minimum storage capacity of 8GB. This is required if you are creating a bootable USB drive using the Media Creation Tool instead of upgrading your Windows directly.
How To Use Windows 11 Media Creation Tool
Once you have gathered all the necessary items, you can proceed with upgrading your Windows using the Media Creation Tool. This section of the article will explain how to use the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool for the upgrade.
- Start by clicking on the link that directs you to the official Microsoft website.
- Select “Windows 11.” Here, you will find all the relevant information about Windows 11.
- Click on the “Download Now” button.
After downloading the Windows 11 media creation tool, execute it on your PC. You will be prompted to accept the license terms. Upon acceptance, a screen will appear stating ‘Getting a few things ready.’
Next, you will encounter two options on the screen:
- ‘Upgrade this PC now’ – Choose this option if you intend to upgrade the PC on which you are running the Media Creation Tool.
- ‘Create Installation Media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC’ – Select this option if you want to create a bootable USB drive for another PC.
Download Media Creation Tool Windows 11
|MediaCreationTool Windows 11
Upgrade This PC option: Install Windows 11
If you choose the ‘Upgrade this PC now’ option, then follow the steps outlined below:
The Windows Media Creation Tool will initiate the download of Windows 11.
After successfully downloading Windows, you can proceed to install it on your PC. Complete the installation process, and your PC will prompt you to finish the setup. Follow the setup instructions for Windows 11, and you will be able to use it on your system.
Create Installation Media For Another PC Option
If you choose the ‘Create installation media for another PC’ option, follow the steps outlined below:
- When you select this option, you will be prompted to choose the language, edition, and architecture of the Windows version you wish to install.
- You can click on ‘Use the recommended options for this PC’ if you want the Media Creation Tool to automatically select the options for the machine. Once done, click on ‘Next.’
- On the next window, you will see two options: ‘USB flash drive’ and ‘ISO file.’
- USB flash drive: Choosing this option will prompt the Windows Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB drive for you.
- ISO file: Opting for this option will make the media creation tool download the ISO file. You can later burn the ISO file to create a bootable USB drive or a DVD.
If you choose the ‘USB flash drive’ option, make sure to connect a USB drive with at least 8GB of storage. The media creation tool will commence the download of Windows 11 and automatically burn it to the USB flash drive.
If you opt for the ‘ISO file’ option, the ISO file for Windows 11 will be downloaded. You can later burn it using burning tools like Power ISO. These tools can be utilized to burn the ISO file onto a USB drive.
Once you have created the bootable USB drive for Windows 11, insert the USB drive into the computer you wish to upgrade to Windows 11. After plugging in the USB drive, access the BIOS and proceed with the Windows installation.
Final Words |Windows 10/11 Media Creation Tool Not Working
That’s the process for utilizing the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool to upgrade your PC to Windows 11. Follow the steps outlined in this article carefully to successfully use the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool.